Chewy, Fruit and Nut Granola Bars
Makes 10 bars or 30 squares
- 1 ½ cups of gluten free rolled oats or regular oats
- 1 cup of whole unsalted almonds
- 1 cup of dried fruit pieces (combination of prunes, peaches, pears, apricots and apples)
- ½ cup of almond butter or peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Optional: shredded coconut, chocolate chips, seeds, or other nuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the rolled oats and almonds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and toast for about 13 minutes.
- Chop up the dried fruit into small pieces. My local store sold an assortment of dried fruits in one package, so I was able to incorporate different kinds. Don’t go crazy buying multiple packages, however, if you do find them all sold together or a few sold together like peaches and apples, those will work fine too.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the peanut butter or almond butter, honey and maple syrup. Add the toasted oats, almonds and dried fruit pieces, and mix together.
- Line a 8 x 8 baking pan with plastic wrap so the bars will be easy to remove later on. Add your mixture and spread with a spatula. Cover with another piece of plastic wrap and press down on the mixture so it’s flat and even. Refrigerate for an hour. Take out and cut into bars or squares.