Growing up I was never a fan of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I liked peanut butter with my crackers, and jelly on my toast, but not together. However, you put peanut butter and jelly into a cookie, and I can’t get enough.
There’s a place by my work called The Smile that sells this vegan and gluten free peanut butter and jelly cookie. It is hands down one of the best cookies I’ve ever had (and I’ve had a lot of cookies).
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies (Gluten Free)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup of your favorite jelly
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugars (brown and granulated). Scrape down the bowl.
- Add the peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract, and mix together on medium speed. Scrape the bowl again.
- Add the baking soda and brown rice flour and combine.
- Once the mixture is well combined, use a spatula or a wooden spoon to fold in the jelly. You want the jelly to be swirls in the batter, not totally mixed in.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a tablespoon to scoop out and place the cookie dough about an inch away from each other (a dozen per sheet).ne
Bake for 12 minutes.
Once you take them out of the oven, they’ll seem very soft. Let cool for about 5 minutes, then they will be easier to pick up.