Gluten Free Berry Mini Muffins
makes 2 dozen (24) mini muffins
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh fruit: raspberries & blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- Working with room temperature butter is a must when it comes to baking; it allows you to cream together the butter and sugar a lot easier. Once your butter and sugar are well combined, add in your eggs one by one and mix on medium speed for a minute. Next add in your honey, baking powder, salt, almond flour and brown rice flour. Mix until everything is well combined.
- *If you want to make your muffins a tiny bit sweeter, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract. I decided to leave it out in this recipe because the berries provide all the sweetness I need!
- Lastly, fold in your favorite berries. I used crisp blueberries and raspberries; I love the flavor combination and the beautiful colors too. You can also use blackberries, or chopped strawberries.
- Spray your mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. If you have little muffin tins, those work well too!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Every oven is different, so you might need to adjust your oven temperature between 325-350 degrees. The tops should be somewhat golden brown, but not burnt.