Watermelon, Fennel & Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese & Balsamic Vinaigrette – serves 2
- Arugula – about 1 handful per person/per portion (2 handfuls)
- 1 medium-sized fennel bulb
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups watermelon (small to medium size squares)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut your watermelon into small-medium sized squares.
- Wash your arugula and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Preparing the fennel: cut the top off the bulb (green part) and remove a thin slice of the root on the bottom. With a peeler, shave off any bruised or slightly dark areas. Cut the fennel the long way and remove the core. Either cut the the fennel into small strips or use a mandolin to slice it thinly.
- Preparing the dressing: in a small bowl whisk together your balsamic vinegar and pinch of salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in your olive oil. Taste again, and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Crumble up your goat cheese – as much as you’d like 🙂
- In a large bowl combine your arugula, watermelon and fennel. Toss with your vinaigrette.
- Transfer to your serving bowl/dish and top with crumbled goat cheese.
Check out my other refreshing salad: Watermelon, Fennel & Arugula Salad with Lemon, Mustard Vinaigrette