YOU GET A PUMPKIN DONUT, YOU GET A PUMPKIN DONUT, EVERYONE GETS A PUMPKIN DONUT!
Pumpkin season is back friends, and it’s all about mixing the right blend of brown rice flour, almond flour, granulated sugar and pumpkin pure to create the most delectable gluten free donut you’ll ever eat. (I spoke too soon, my apple donuts are awesome too – get that recipe here!)
People go crazy for “pumpkin spice” season. I love Fall so why not pump those Fall inspired flavors into a little round donut.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Glaze – makes 12 large doughnuts
- 3 tablespoons of butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1.5 cups brown rice flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar for 1 minute on medium to high speed.
- Add in the pumpkin and let mix for another 30 seconds. Scrape down the bowl.
- Add in your eggs and mix on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl mix together the baking soda, brown rice flour and almond flour. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together for 1 minute.
- Spray your doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill a pipping bag with your doughnut batter.
- Pip into your doughnut pan. Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Take out and let cool.
THE BEST PART – The Maple Glaze
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 ⅓ cups confectionary sugar
Heat up a sauté pan on medium heat. Melt butter into the maple syrup, and whisk often.
When your butter is all melted, remove from heat and add in your confectionary sugar. Whisk quickly until confectionary sugar dissolves.
When the glaze is cool enough to dip the donuts in, get dipping!
After each dip (double dip if you’d like) place the donuts on a cooling rack to dry.
All of these mouth watering photos were taken by my very talented friend Sarah Landry of Sarah Jayne Photography. I wouldn’t look half as good – and the donuts too – if it wasn’t for her!