Lighten up your meal and prep time with these easy oven roasted garlic cabbage “steaks!” I’ve seen many different versions of this recipe all over social media – roasted garlic, parmesan cheese crusted, or lemon, salt and peppered oven baked. What’s great about cabbage is it is a clean slate; you can pretty much add anything to it, and use it in many recipes. You can put it in a soup, mix it with sour cream to top off your burger, or make a cabbage slaw side salad.
Oven Roasted Garlic Cabbage “Steaks”
- 1 head of green cabbage
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil or your favorite oil (coconut oil, avocado oil, etc.)
- 3-4 tablespoons of salt
- 3-4 tablespoons of pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons of garlic powder
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Optional toppings: Hot pepper flakes, parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper
- If you decide to add cheese, wait until they are almost done so the cheese doesn’t burn
Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Line your cooking sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Cut your cabbage into 1/2 inch pieces and place on the cooking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Pop in the oven for 30 minutes. Take out and flip over. Bake for another 30 minutes, until they get nice and crispy.