Hey folks, raise your hand if you are sick of eating a boring salad. Now raise your other hand if you want a lunch that is easy to put together. So you probably have two hands up in the air, right?
Here is a simple salad that you can make for work or enjoy eating at home! It involves two of my favorite things – cheese and beets. Beets are definitely a misunderstood vegetable, and are great ingredient for both summer and winter dishes.
Freshly Layered Cucumber, Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- 3 beets chopped – I personally use the Organic Cooked Beets from Love Beets
- 1-2 oz of your favorite goat cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans
- OPTIONAL: Handful of your favorite salad mix (spring mix or arugula)
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
Layer your ingredients together.
Salad mix + cucumber + beets + goat cheese + pecan/walnuts + dressing.