New Englanders are you ready?!? It’s been ALL over the news, there is a storm coming our way. In addition to stocking up on essentials like batteries, candles, flashlights, blankets – and food essentials like eggs, GF bread, milk (who even really drinks a glass of milk anymore?!), brownie mix, spinach, brie cheese, seltzer water – you are going to need to follow these 5 steps to keep calm and enjoy being snowed in.
- Make Yourself a Drink: Whether your preference is white or red, you are going to need to have wine on hand to really enjoy being snowed in. Luckily we hit up good old Wegman’s, which has an amazing wine selection, and got ourselves a few bottles of Cabernet. I’m currently sipping on a glass of 2012, 14 Hands Cabernet Sauvignon. You also could make yourself a little vodka sodas – I’d suggest Titos Vodka.
- Make a Kick Ass Meal: Being snowed in to me isn’t the same without an awesome, fulfilling, delicious, kick ass meal. I’m talking about homemade pizza, loaded mashed potatoes, loaded cheese nachos, stuffed peppers, cheese stuffed burger – I think you get my point. Need an idea? Check out my Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe or Ki’s Loaded Mashed Potato Muffins recipe.
- Bake A Dessert: You are going to want a “I could eat this whole pan” type of dessert to go with that dinner and wine. Try my Gluten Free Double Dark Chocolate Brownies or Brown Sugar, White Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Muffins.
- Make Homemade Ice Coffee in the Morning: I don’t care that there is snow on the ground or that it’s 20 degrees out, I’ll still drink ice coffee. Opposite of my Mom, she’ll be drinking hot coffee on the beach even in 98 degree weather. If you’ve never made ice coffee at home, then check out my D’s Easy Peasy Homemade Ice Coffee recipe, where I use my coffee press from Starbucks.
- Read and subscribe to Hey, What’s the Dealio? (sorry I had to 🙂 )
How do you have an awesome & epic snow day and night?