What do you do when you are invited to a housewarming party? Make a dip. Easy, one bowl is all you need party dip. The combination of spinach and artichoke is classic.
Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Dip – 8 X 8 inch pan
- (1) 8oz. package of cream cheese
- (1) 10 oz frozen spinach thawed and squeezed
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- (1) 14oz. can of artichoke hearts drained
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and squeeze the thawed spinach until no more moisture comes out. Combine cream cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts, salt, pepper and crushed garlic and sour cream together. Be sure the cream cheese is room temperature as this makes it easier to mix. I use my kitchen aid mixer to combine my ingredients together but you can also use a hand mixer or a wooden spoon. Add in one cup of your mozzarella cheese and mix.
Spray your 8 X 8 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon the mixture into the pan, top with your remaining half cup of mozzarella cheese, and put in the oven for 25 minutes.
Once the buzzer goes off, kick that degree up to 500 and broil for 1-2 minutes until the top is golden brown.