Thanksgiving is my by far my favorite holiday – not that I don’t love Christmas Eve and Christmas I do, I do! But there’s just something about Thanksgiving that puts everyone in a giving mood for the remainder of the year. There are so many ways to give back during the year, and it’s so wonderful to see everyone going the extra mile during the holiday season.
Here are five ways to give back:
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen – while making a financial donation is generous, donate your time this holiday season if you can
- Donate food to a local soup kitchen or food drive
- Run a race that raises money or awareness for a charity you feel passionate about
- Start a collection for our troops – many troops will be away from their families during the holiday season, so gathering items such as books, DVDs, snacks, iTunes gift cards, cards, letter, etc would be a great little gift for them to have.
- Clean out your closet and donate your gently used clothing
This holiday season, I want to give back to my family and friends who have been so supportive of me, my blog and my food obsession this past year. I couldn’t have gotten where I am today without the love, support, sharing, liking and commenting from my friends and family. I am TRULY grateful for you all, each and everyday. I’m going to be running a contest for the month of November that will give a lucky fan one free dozen cupcakes of their choice.
There are two ways to enter:
- Share this post, my Facebook page, “What’s the Dealio?” and write how you are giving back this holiday season OR
- Share this post, my Facebook page, “What’s the Dealio?” and write what you are thankful for this holiday season
I’ll announce a winner the week of November 24th and they will be able to place their cupcake order! Remember friends and family, lets keep giving back all year long.