It’s the most wonderful time of the year – yes, I’m talking about Fall. It’s a lovely mix between summer and winter, sprinkled with a little apple picking and topped with football Sundays. Lastly, how could I forget, it’s filled with pumpkin everything – pumpkin pie, pumpkin spiced coffee, pumpkin picking, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin candles – the wonderful smell of pumpkin!
I was so excited to create this recipe – I did a little research and experimenting to find the right mixture of ingredients, but I think it came out delicious. The caramelized brown sugar sprinkled on top just puts it over the edge!
White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup pumpkin pure
- 1 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons of light brown sugar (plus extra for sprinkling on top)
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line the muffin tins.
- Mix together the eggs, honey, melted coconut oil, pumpkin, and sugar.
- Add in all the dry ingredients – coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, and cinnamon- mix on medium speed. Fold in your white chocolate chips.
- Spoon into each tin then sprinkle with light brown sugar.
- Bake for 40- 45 minutes.