I don’t know what has gotten into me lately, but I’m in a snack making, breakfast treat preparing type of mood. After hearing many “yums” and “those were delicious,” in the testing phase, I knew I needed to narrow down the banana cluster recipe and share it with the world….or the 25 dedicated people that read and subscribe to this blog – love y’all 🙂 !
Coconut & Banana Protein Clusters – yields 14-15 teaspoon size clusters
- 2 very ripe bananas (and when I say ripe, I mean ripe. Fresh bananas will not give you the texture you need)
- 1/2 cup oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill GF oats)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon protein powder (if you don’t want to use protein powder, just use another tablespoon of coconut flour)
- 1/2 cup raisins and/or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all of the ingredients together in your bowl. Then, line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the mixture and pop them on the baking sheet into little clusters.
Pop them into the oven and bake on 325 for 10-12 minutes. Depending on how your oven cooks, you can increase the temperature to 350, but be careful because these can burn easily.
Take out, let cool and enjoy!