What’s round and packed with sweet protein goodness, Dee’s protein balls! Whether you are looking for a pre-work snack or just need something sweet and healthy to take your afternoon from good to great, these are some treats you want your hands on. The best part about these, the recipe doesn’t involve an oven!
Also, if you’re gluten free like me, you’re sick of looking at granola bars to see what’s in them (sugar, sugar, processed sugar) or paying $7 for one gluten free bar. This recipe is great because it can be made either way!
I’ve been playing with a few different recipes, and finally decided on the perfect combination of ingredients.
Dee’s Protein Balls – Count 24
- 2 cups rolled oats – I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 3 tablespoons of Agave
- 2 tablespoons of Chia seeds – you could also add Flax seed too
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chip mini
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter – I used unsalted, but feel free to use either kind
- 1/4 cup protein powder (if you don’t want to use protein powder, I would suggest coconut flour)
Combine oats and peanut butter in your mixer. Then add your agave and protein powder. Lastly, drop in the rest of your ingredients.
The consistency should look very similar to cookie batter. If your batter is somewhat room temperature, you can start rolling the balls. If your mixture is too warm, pop it in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
Once done, pop those balls onto a cookie sheet, and put them in the fridge for about an hour. These little things are great for on the go!
Wherever you take your balls, enjoy 🙂